Sharrtz.org organize a program to support small business and startups from Local Market to Global Market.
A Hand for Startups
We are welcoming all the small business and startups in Myanmar to join our program.
YOUR ACCELERATORS 2022
A Hand for Startups
Powered by Sharrtz.org
Launch your startup into the world, through Virtual World!
Calling all startups: Myanmar’s most exciting accelerator program for small Local business!
This is your chance to anchor your business in Virtual World
– Myanmar’s first virtual platform Myoe Pya – and compete for over K$50M in attractive prizes!
Top 20 startups will join us in pitch session for the finals at Your Accelerators (2022)!
Virtual World မှတဆင့် သင်ရဲ့လုပ်ငန်းကို လူတိုင်းသိအောင် ချပြလိုက်ပါ။
Digital Marketing ခေတ်မှာ သင်ရဲ့ လုပ်ငန်းတွေကို Virtual World မှတဆင့် ရောင်း၀ယ်ဖောက်ကားနိုင်မယ့် အခွင့်အရေး ရောက်ရှိလာပါပြီ။
မြန်မာနိုင်ငံရဲ့ ပထမဆုံးအဆင့်မြင့်နည်းပညာသုံး 3D Virtual World ဖြစ်တဲ့ Myoe Pya မှာ ကျပ်ငွေ သိန်း ၅၀၀ ကျော် တန်ဖိုးရှိ ဆုတွေကို Your Accelerator Program မှတဆင့် ၀င်ရောက်ယှဉ်ပြိုင် ရယူနိုင်ပါပြီ။
All the SME, Startups and Services that owned or founded by Myanmar citizens can apply to this program in the following categories and the Local products.
အောက်ပါ အချက်အလတ် တခုခုနှင့် ပြည့်စုံသော မြန်မာနိုင်ငံသူ/နိုင်ငံသား တည်ထောင်သော အသေးစား၊ အလတ်စား ကိုယ်ပိုင် လုပ်ငန်းများ၊ ၀န်ဆောင်မှု လုပ်ငန်းများ ပါ၀င်ပါသည်။ အောက်ပါအချက်အလတ်တွင်မပါ၀င်သော ပြည်တွင်း ထုတ်ကုန်များလည်း လျောက်ထားနိုင်ပါသည်။
Date and Timeline
The following shows application timeline. After winner announcement,
the winners have to integrate their business within a month and operate them in next six months with the help of program mentorship.
အောက်ဖော်ပြပါ ရက်စွဲများသည် လျောက်ထားသူတို့၏ လျောက်လွှာရွေးချယ်မှု အချိန်ဇယားဖြစ်ပါသည်။
ရွေးချယ်ခံရသူတို့က Sharrtz.org မှပံပိုးပေးသော ဆု၊ နည်းပညာတွေ အကူအညီဖြင့် မိမိ လုပ်ငန်းကို Virtual World အတွင်းကူးပြောင်းနိုင်မှာဖြစ်ပြီး၊
Sharrtz.org မှ ညွှန်ကြား ထောက်ပြပေးသော Business Idea, Marketing idea, Virtual Development တွေကို
၆ လတိတိ အထိ ထောက်ပံ့မှုရမှာဖြစ်ပြီး ထို ၆ လအတွင်း သိသာသော တိုးတက်မှုနှင့် ရောင်းအားကို ဖန်တီးနိုင်မှာဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
Application Phase | 03 October – 14 November
Deliverables to Submit
- Fill completely in the application form (Here)
- PDF explaining about your products (eg. product brief, images, prices, size, duability etc..)
Complete your application by 23 October 2022, 23:59 (Yangon Time) to participate.
The finalists have to submit two minutes video pitching or virtual meeting before 6 November 2022, 23:59 (Yangon Time)
ပေးထားသော ဖောင်တွင် အချက်အလတ်များ ပြည့်စုံအောင်ဖြည့်ပါ။ (ဖောင်ဖြည့်ရန်)
မိမိ၏ ထုတ်ကုန်၊ ၀န်ဆောင်မှု အကြောင်း ပြည့်စုံအောင် ဖော်ပြထားတဲ့ PDF File ကို ထည့်သွင်းပေးပါ။
(ပါ၀င်သင့်သော အချက်အလတ်များ – ထုတ်ကုန်အကြောင်းအရာ၊ ဓါတ်ပုံ၊ စျေးနှုံး၊ အရွယ်အစား၊ ံနိုင်ရည် အစရှိသည်ဖြင့်)
အထက်ပါ အကြောင်းအရာများကို 23 ရက် အောက်တိုဘာ 2022 (ည 11 နာရီ 59 မိနစ်) မတိုင်ခင်ခင်မှာ ပြီးဆုံးအောင် ဖြည့်သွင်း တင်ပေးရမှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
ပထမ အဆင့် ရွေးချယ်ခံရတဲ့ Finalist တွေဟာ မိမိတို့ရဲ့ထပ်မံပြောပြချင်တဲ့ အကြောင်းအရာ တွေကို ၂ မိနစ်စာ ရုပ်သံပြုလုပ်ပြီး 14 ရက် နို၀င်ဘာ 2022 ည 12နာရီမတိုင်ခင် ပို့ပေးရမှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
- The applicant or the owner/founder of the product must be a Myanmar Citizen.
- The applicant must have passion to grow the business within the program timeline.
- More prefer to business who run by a woman.
- More prefer to business who comply with local products.
- More prefer to business that doesn’t have physical shop.
- More prefer to business that doesn’t have physical office.
- Growth Potential.
- Differentiation & Impact of Value proposition.
The winners will be chose by the 80% of the jury members’ decision and 20% of public voting.
တင်ပို့လာသော ပါ၀င်သူတွေရဲ့ အချက်အလတ် တွေကို အောက်ပါ ဦးစားပေး အချက်အလတ်တွေနဲ့ တိုင်ဆိုင် စစ်ဆေး ရွေးချယ်သွားမှာဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
ပါ၀င်သူ၊ ထုတ်ကုန်ပိုင်ဆိုင်မှုသည် မြန်မာလူမျိုးလက်အောက်တွင်ရှိရမည်။
ပါ၀င်သူသည် မိမိ၏ ထုတ်ကုန်အား ရောင်းအားတက်အောင် အဆင့်မြှင့်တင်ရန် ပြင်းပြသော စိတ်ဆန္ဒရှိရမည်။
ထုတ်ကုန်တူ ရည်ရွယ်ချက်တူသော လုပ်ငန်း ၂ု ခု ယှဥ််လာပါက အမျိုးသမီး တည်ထောင်ထားသော လုပ်ငန်းများကို ပိုမိုဦးစားပေးရွေးချယ်မည်။
ပြည်တွင်းဖြစ် ထုတ်ကုန်များကို ဦးစားပေးရွေးချယ်မည်။
ဆိုင်နေရာ၊ ရုံးခန်းနေရာ အတည်တကျမရှိသေးသော လုပ်ငန်းများ ကို ဦးစားပေးရွေးချယ်မည်။
အထက်ပါအကြောင်းအရာအပြင် မိမိတို့ ထုတ်ကုန်၏ တိုးတက်နိုင်မှု အလားအလာ၊ ကွဲပြားခြားနားမှု၊ စျေးကွက်အတွင်း တန်ဖိုးအဆိုပြုချက် အစရှိသော အချက်အလတ်များကိုလည်း ထည့်သွင်း ရွေးချယ်သွားမှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
The results will be released between 7-14 November 2022.
Integration Phase | 14 November – 12 December
The winners have to meet representative of Sharrtz.org in regular meeting for integration of their business in Virtual World
with the assetments of value $5000 provided by Sharrtz.org.
Each winner will be assigned with respective mentor provided by Sharrtz.org.
The mentor will discuss every details for your business and suggest the best plan for your business.
Each winner will go with the instruction of their mentor and set their goals for operation.
ရွေးချယ်ခံရတဲ့ ၅ ယောက်ဟာ Program မှတာ၀န်ရှိသူတွေနဲ့ တွေ့ဆုံပြီး ၁ လအတွင်း
ထောက်ပံ့ပေးသော အကျိုးအမြတ်နဲ့ အတူ ဒေါ်လာ 5000 တန်ဖိုးရှိ Virtual Assets တွေ အသုံးပြုပြီး မိမိလုပ်ငန်းကို Virtual World အတွင်း လုပ်ငန်းချဲ့ထွင် နိုင်မှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
ရွေးချယ်ခံရတဲ့ ၅ ယောက်ဟာ Program မှခန့်အပ်ပေးတဲ့ Mentor တစ်ဦးစီရရှိမှာဖြစ်ပြီး မိမိ၏ လုပ်ငန်းနှင့်ပါတ်သက်သော အကြံဥာဏ်၊ အထောက်အပံ့များကို Mentor များထံမှရရှိပြီး
လုပ်ငန်းကြီးထွားကျယ်ပြန့်လာအောင် ဆောင်ရွက်နိုင်မှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
Mentor များနှင့် တိုင်ပင် ချမှတ်ထားသော နည်းနာများနှင့်အတူ နောက် ၆ လအတွင်း လုပ်ငန်းစဥ်တိုးတက်မှုအတွက် အသီးသီး ပန်းတိုင်တွေ သက်မှတ်ရမှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
After setting the goals and integration of winners’ business, each winner start to operate the business in virtual world and sell the products.
The mentors will continue to give instruction with training during operation phase.
Each winners must have the significant growth rate on each month.
ပြင်ဆင် ချမှတ်ထားပန်းတိုင်တွေအတိုင်း ၆ လအတွင်း Virtual World မှာ မိမိ ကုန်ပစ္စည်းတွေကို စတင် ခင်းကျင်း ရောင်းချရတော့မှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
Operation Phase တစ်လျောက်လုံး တစ်လထက် တစ်လ မိမိ လုပ်ငန်းစဥ််တိုးတက်လာဖို့ Mentor နဲ့ အချိန်တိုင်း တိုင်ပင် ညှိနှိုင်း ဆောင်ရွက်နိုင်မှာ ဖြစ်ပြီး သိသာသေ ရောင်းအား ရလာဒ်ကို ရရှိရမှာ ဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
ဘယ်လိုလူတွေ Program ကို ပါ၀င်သင့်လဲ?
မြန်မာနိုင်ငံသူ/နိုင်ငံသား တည်ထောင်သော အသေးစား၊ အလတ်စား ကိုယ်ပိုင် လုပ်ငန်းများ၊ တစ်နိုင်တပိုင် လုပ်ငန်းများ၊ အမျိုးသမီး ဦးစီးတည်ထောင်သော လုပ်ငန်းများ၊ နိုင်ငံတွင်း ဒေသတွင်း ထွက်ကုန် ပစ္စည်းများ ရောင်းချသူများ၊ ပါ၀င်သင့်ပါသည်။
ယောက်ျားလေးတည်ထောင်ထားတဲ့ Company ရောပါ၀င်လို့ရလား?
Business profile ထဲဘာတွေပါ၀င်သင့်လဲ?
- -Product တစ်ခုစီရဲ့အကြောင်း
- -Product ရဲ့ရည်ရွယ်ချက်
- -မြန်မာနိုင်ငံ၏ မည်သည့်အခန်းအက္ဠာန်ကို အထောက်အကူပြုနေပုံ
- -Product ရဲ့အရွယ်အစား
- S – Product ရဲ့အားသာချက်
- W – Product ရဲ့ အားနည်းချက်
- O – အခွင့်အလမ်းများ
- T – ခြိမ်းခြောက်နေတဲ့အရာတွေ
- – Org Chart
[YOUR ACCELERATORS PROGRAM]
This Program is Organised by [Sharrtz.org] (the “Organiser”).
The aim of these Rules is to set out the terms and conditions governing your participation in the Program. By participating in this Competition, you fully and unconditionally agree to comply with these Rules. If you do not agree with any of these Rules, do not register for this Program and do not submit an entry.
This Competition begins on October 03rd, 2022, 8:00[GMT+6:30] and ends on June 30th, 2023 , 23:59 [GMT+6:30]. The Application Phase within the Program will run from October 3rd, 2022, 8:00[GMT+6:30] to November 7th, 2022, 23:59 [GMT+6:30]. The Program will be accessible 24 hours a day on the dedicated Program website operated by Sharrtz at [https://sharrtz.org/your-accelerators] (“the Program Website”), subject to IT maintenance operations. Dates and times in these Rules refer to Yangon time, Myanmar.
2. AGREEING TO THE RULES
Any eligible person who is registered on the Program website and enrolls to participate in the Program (“Participant” or “You”), is required to review and accept these Rules. By accessing and accepting these Rules, You:
- enter into a valid and enforceable contractual relationship with the Organiser regarding participation in the Competition. You acknowledge that the registration for and enrolment into the Competition does not create any other relationship between the Organiser and the Participant, and
- fully and unconditionally agree to comply with these Rules. Participants express their agreement by checking a virtual box while enrolling for the Program.
In case of non-respect or breach of these Rules, the Participant will be immediately disqualified from the Program and no prize will be awarded to such disqualified Participants.
3. REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
To take part in the Program, Sharrtz.org must receive your completed registration by October 16th, 2022, 23:59 [GMT+6:30].
To register, the Participant must first have created a user account on the Program website, and must have truthfully and accurately completed required information, such as full name, email address and the following user fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- NRC Number
- Legal Name of your Startup
- Your Startup Development State
- Country of the Startup
- Your Startup Elevator Pitch
- Phone number
Any registration based on inaccurate, false or incomplete information will result in the Participant’s disqualification. Refusing collection, recording and use of their personal data that is strictly necessary to performing the Program will result in the Participant’s disqualification.
The Participant is solely responsible for the information he/she provides when registering. Any intentional or unintentional mistake, anomaly or inconsistency, regarding this information, may result in the Participant’s disqualification. The Organiser reserves the right to proceed with all necessary verifications regarding the Participant’s identity, postal and/or email address.
Deletion of a Participant’s user account on the Program website will be deemed as a withdrawal from the Program. In this case, the Participant, regardless of whether the deletion results from the Participant’s personal action or not, will not be entitled to participate in the Program, and will not obtain any compensation.
Registration for and participation in the Program is free, with no purchase or payment obligation.
This Program is open and offered solely to:
- Business entities, regardless of their business area. Startups may be required, in the Organiser’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company ownership by submitting a necessary documents, or ongoing company/business profile, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the ownership of the entity in Myanmar.
Any local-based startups that meet the following conditions are eligible to participate:
- Develops or possesses innovation/products*
- Is not a subsidiary of a corporate entity**
Startups participating should have the goal of incorporating in Myanmar and Virtual World.
*Innovation refers to any one of the following:
- Develops, produces or commercialises products or services; OR
- Has an ongoing research collaboration with a research institution (contract of services is not considered to be research collaboration).
**The enterprise is not a subsidiary of a corporate entity if it has more than 50% collective individual ownership at the point of incorporation.
All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility may be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity documents etc.).
This Program is not open to employees and representatives of the Organiser and the members of their families.
Finalists must be able to pitch in 2 minutes videos at the final event.
5. PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM AND PARTICIPATION
Participation in the Program must be as a Startup or Greenhorn to Business.
- Startup Participants enter the Contest on behalf of their legal business organizations. During the registration process, Startup Participant must designate one individual who is part of the company for contact purposes with the Organiser. This person will be responsible for registering the Startup at the Program and participate in the Program on behalf of the Startup. As a Startup participating in this Program, you represent and warrant to the Organiser that such person (i) is an authorized representative of Startup and is participating in the Program on behalf of such company, and (ii) has obtained all necessary approvals to enter the Program, including all persons qualified to grant any intellectual property rights to Organiser. Any individual who is employed by a Startup may also submit its participation as an Individual Participant.
The goal of the Program is for Participants to submit contributions (or projects) meeting the requirements determined by the Organiser and set out in the Program brief, and that are formalized by deliverables. The brief includes information regarding various deadlines, details of the prizes, Organiser requirements etc. (the “Brief”). The Brief is accessible through the Program Website.
During the Program, Participants may upload any documents or other materials (such as texts, presentations, videos, etc.) relating to their project to the Program Website in response to the Organiser’s Program (the “Deliverable”).
To be eligible, Deliverables must (i) address the specific issue set out in the Brief, (ii) be in a common digital format, such as PDF,MP4, and (iii) be in English/Myanmar and in general terms must comply with the requirements set out in these Rules.
If a Deliverable cannot be downloaded, is not in the right format or is incompatible, illegible, or unintelligible, the Deliverable will be disqualified.
When submitting a Deliverable, the following must be complied with:
- The Deliverable includes contributions that are exclusively from a Startup.
- Otherwise, if content from a third party has been used in the development of the Deliverable, all rights, authorizations and agreements necessary to submit the Deliverable and grant the rights mentioned herein have been obtained from such third party. The existence of uncredited third-party contributions in the Deliverable will result in the disqualification of the Deliverable and the related Participants;
- No other individual and/or entity is entitled to claim any rights from the use of the Deliverable; and
- The content of the Deliverable does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, privacy, program law, confidentiality, or any contractual or common law right. All deliverables suspected of infringing any law(s) and/or any third party’s right will be ineligible to participate.
Participants are responsible for and shall bear any costs or expenses associated with preparing and submitting Deliverables. Participants assume all risks for damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Deliverables.
7. PROGRAM PROCESS
Program Rounds. The Program consists of several rounds:
- Round One – Qualifiers. Deliverables will be accepted from October 3rd, 2022, 8:00[GMT+6:30] to October 16th, 2022, 23:59 [GMT+6:30]. At the end of this Round, up to  winning Deliverables will be pre-selected to proceed to Round Two. The number of startups that will go to the next phase for each sector will be proportional to the number of valid applications in each sector
- Round Two – Deliverables will be accepted from October 17th, 2022 to October 31st, 2022, 23:59 [GMT+6:30]. Votings will be accepted from October 17th, 2022 to November 31st, 2022, 23:59 [GMT+6:30]. At the end of this Round, up to TOP  winning Deliverables will be selected to proceed to the Integration Phase.
- Round Three – Integration phase. The winners have to integrate their business with the mentors of the program. The business and goals and planning have to be done within a month. if the winner missed the regular meeting or training unintentionally or purposely more than 25%, than the winner will desired as disqualified and will be replaced with new winner.
- Round Four – Operation phase. The winners start to operate their business in virtual world provided by the program with the goals setting from previous phase. The operation duration will last 6 months total and the winner have to deliver the significant growth on each month. if the winner reach the target point during operation phase, the program will support the winner with the virtual benefits with instructions as long as it reaches the target after operation phase. if the winner missed the regular meeting or training unintentionally or purposely more than 25%, than the winner will desired as disqualified and will be replaced with new winner.
- The disqualified winner will not be eligible in the future program of Sharrtz.org.
The winners will be required to attend every regular meetings and training provided by the program. The winner have to expand their business to virtual world. All participants will be notified directly with any updates related to the each related round with the mail and on social media.
Deliverable. If a Participant does not upload a Deliverable on the Program Website before the deadline, this will be considered as a withdrawal from the Program. The Participant may not join the Program, and may not obtain any compensation from the Organiser.
Selection Criteria. Deliverables will be judged according to the Selection Criteria, described below. You agree and acknowledge that the Program relies on your creativity, capacity, ability, passion and ingenuity to solve difficult problems. The Program does not depend, even partially, on chance or luck, and therefore should not be considered as a lottery. Under no circumstances are factors such as appearance, religion, membership in a trade union considered.
Notification to Participants. Once selection has been completed, Participants will be notified by email, phone, or by other means of the results of each Round. The Organiser will be free to alter the dates on which results are released should this become necessary due to the number of projects to be assessed. The ranking decided by the final jury will be announced on the fixed day will identify the Participants that are finalists.
The prizes are awarded to the winners of the Program and are subject to compliance with the following cumulative conditions:
The Deliverables comply with Section 6 (“Deliverables”);
Each Participant of a winning project complies with Sections 9 and 11;
It can be proven that the winning Participants fulfill the conditions of eligibility of Section 4.
No prize will be awarded to winners who do not fulfill the above conditions.
The Participant acknowledges and consents that the Organiser may, throughout in Myanmar and for the duration of the Program and for a period of one (1) year following the Final Round use the Program for publicity materials, including for the Organiser’s advertising or other marketing purposes, (by any means and through any format (website, advertising banners, social networks, newsletter, press release) now known or unknown to date, free of charge.
In particular, you consent to the use, by the Organiser, of your name and surname, your legal Startup name and the country of its registration, the logo, your image, the information regarding the Prize (if you are a winner), the name of your company and its distinctive signs and any other personal data that you submit with your Deliverables as well as the content of your Deliverables relating to the Program.
As an example, each Participant authorises the Organiser to use the photographs taken during the Final to disseminate them via any communication medium.
Such use does not entitle the winner to any other payment than the Prize he/she received. The Organiser agrees to cease use of the aforementioned elements in connection with the Participant at the end of the aforementioned period.
The Organiser has no obligation to keep the information contained in the Deliverables confidential. In general terms, when submitting any Deliverables, the Participants understand, agree and accept that any information contained therein may be publicly disclosed by the Organiser. Such information contained in the Deliverables may be shared with other key partners working in the Event with the Organiser.
If you are a prize winner, the Organiser may request that you execute a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of entering into negotiations regarding further development of your project, as described in your Deliverable. Such confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement will be directed to your Deliverable and all intellectual property that it may contain.
Furthermore, Participants acknowledge that the Organiser may currently or in the future be developing information internally, or receiving information from other parties, that is similar to the information contained in any of the projects. Accordingly, nothing herein shall prohibit the Organiser from independently acquiring, developing, or having developed for it, products, concepts, systems, services, or techniques that are similar to or compete with the products, concepts, systems or techniques contemplated by or embodied in any Deliverable.
The Participants recognize that other Participants, individuals or entities may have provided to the Organiser or others, or made public, or may in the future submit, or make public, content that is the same or similar to any piece of information contained in any of the projects. Hence, the Participants acknowledge, agree and accept that the Organiser shall have the right to use such same or similar materials, and that the Participants will not be entitled to any compensation arising from the Organiser’s use of such materials.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Definitions. For the purposes of this section,
- “Intellectual Property Rights” refer to any copyright or other rights over a brand, a design or a model, a patent and, more generally, any element, (including trade secrets and knowhow), that may be protected by national and/or international laws or conventions on intellectual property (“Intellectual Property Rights”)
- “Previous Rights” refer to any Intellectual Property Rights and/or any associated know-how held by the Participants before the start date of the Competition (“Previous Rights”)
- “Creations” refer to any software (including source and object code software), database, technical specifications, text, design, model, information, knowledge, method, process or product, as well as any resulting elements and/or processes likely or otherwise to be protected according to national and/or international laws or conventions on intellectual property developed by any Participant as a part of any submitted deliverable throughout the Competition (“Creations”).
Warranty of non-infringement of Intellectual Property Rights. When submitting any Deliverable, at any stage of the Program, each Participant represents and warrants to the Organiser that he/she or the Startup is the co/owner and/or co/holder of the Intellectual Property Rights regarding all or part of the Creations contained in the Deliverables submitted at any stage of the Competition, and that he/she has obtained all rights and permissions regarding all pre-existing Creations and any elements of the Deliverables for which he/she does not hold the relevant rights.
Each Participant warrants (i) that his/her contribution is original and unprecedented; (ii) that it does not infringe upon any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party; (iii) that all the elements on which his/her submissions are formed, as well as all pieces of contributions and information communicated in the submission presentation documents are accurate, reliable and complete; and (iv) that the submission of the relevant Deliverables do not constitute an act of unfair competition of any kind.
It is compulsory for Participants to indicate the source of any pre-existing Creations of whichever nature and support that are included in any submitted deliverable. Any Deliverable involving several Participants constitutes a collaborative work and it should be treated as such in accordance with the applicable regulation in force.
Liability. The Organiser cannot be held liable for any infringement of the above provisions by Participants. Each Participant shall indemnify the Organiser against any loss , damages, action, claim, opposition and demand from any third party in connection with any Intellectual Property Rights / Creation in the Deliverables.
By submitting a Deliverable and participating in this Program, you are not granting the Organiser any rights to any intellectual property supporting all of part of the Deliverable and the Organiser makes no claim to ownership of your Deliverable or any intellectual property that it may contain.
12. MODIFICATION OF RULES, SUSPENSION AND CANCELLATION OF THE COMPETITION
Update of the Rules. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Rules at any time, including the Program duration in case of operational imperatives, without prior notice to Participants regarding the enforcement or the validity of these amendments.
Participants are encouraged to consult these Rules regularly. Participants expressly waive all claims or disputes related to any amendment to these Rules by the Organiser.
Should any paragraph of these Rules be declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or void by a court decision, the paragraph in question will be considered null and void, but all other unaffected paragraphs will be enforced within the limits of the law.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Organiser will in no way be held liable in the event of breakdown or failure, regardless of the cause, of any telecommunications network used that causes Participants difficulty in or prevents Participants from identifying themselves on or gaining access to the Program website.
Participants agree that company, its affiliates and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents (“released parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be released and held harmless by participants from/ for any claims, liabilities, or causes of action of any kind or nature, for any injury, loss or damages of any kind including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons, including without limitation disability or death. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Program Website and in connection with the Program is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, in which case such limitation or exclusion shall apply only to the extent permitted by the law in the relevant jurisdiction.
Participation in the Program implies acknowledgement and acceptance of the characteristics, limits and risks of the internet and related technologies, particularly with regards to performance, response time, the security of software and computer equipment against various potential attacks, such as viruses, logic bombs or Trojans, and loss or misuse of data. As a result, the Organiser will not be held liable in any way for any damage incurred by Participants arising from these characteristics, limits and risks, which Participants accept by registering and taking part in the Competition.
The Organiser will not in any case be held liable for damages resulting from faults with or delays in the submission of deliverables by Participants, including refusal to accept these deliverables as a consequence of their submission outside the deadlines set out in the Rules, from faults with or delays to the sending of any emails by the Participant sent as part of the Program, or from any alterations made to the deliverables independently of the Organiser.
The Organiser will not, in any case, be held liable for damages resulting from services provided by a third-party relating to the prizes.
The Organiser will not be held liable for the consequences of a Participant’s disqualification from the Competition as a result of their violation of these Rules.
14. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Participation in the Program requires the communication of the Participant’s personal data (“Personal Data”).
Participant’s personal data is subject to processing within the meaning of the regulations on the protection of personal data (The Personal Data Protection Act, known as the PDPA) for which the Organiser defines the purposes and means and is, as such, “Data controller” within the meaning of the PDPA.
The purposes of the processing are:
- To meet the needs of organizing the Program
- To organize the intermediation between the Participant and the Organiser, to ensure identification, communication and preservation of the exchanges with the Participant
In accordance with the provisions of the PDPA, the Organiser undertakes to implement organizational and technical security measures in order to protect all Personal Data of Participants.
Any questions or claims by the Participants arising from the Program should be addressed no later than thirty (30) days following the Program end date to email@example.com. All claims must include: (i) the Participant’s complete contact details (name, address, email address and phone); (ii) the name of the Competition; and (iii) a clear and detailed explanation for the claim.
16. MEDIA USAGE
- By entering this Program, Participants consent to the use of their personal data by the Organiser for the purposes of administering and conducting the Program and any post-Program activities and/or publicity. Participants agree to take part in any publicity relating to the Program as well as to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Participants acknowledge and agree to participate and cooperate in all media and promotional activities relating to the Program, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and videoed at any time during the Program Period. Participants grant the Organiser royalty free/ without fee, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, display and/or create derivative works of such footages and photographs in all media worldwide, including virtual social media and networking websites without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and without prior inspection or approval. Participants agree to execute additional specific consents to such use if asked to do so.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser and the Program Partners to ensure safety of all the Participants, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that his or her participation in the Program is at his or her own risk. Upon registration for the Program, the Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser, its subsidiaries/associated companies and the Program Partners, including their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses (including any loss of opportunity), liabilities (including negligence), personal injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) and all amounts paid in settlement arising from or relating to, whether directly or indirectly, special or consequential, to the Participant’s participation in the Program. The Organiser and/or the Program Partners may assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which Participants have agreed to indemnify the Organiser and the Program Partners. Participants agree to assist and cooperate with the Organiser and the Program Partners in the defence or settlement of any such matters.
- Each Participant is required to take all appropriate safety measures including obtaining appropriate insurance coverage (if necessary) when designing and developing the prototype and conducting the prototype trials.
18. APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTES RESOLUTION
The Program and any action related thereto shall be governed by the laws applicable in Myanmar.
In the event of a dispute, the Organiser and the Participant undertake to submit their dispute to an amicable conciliation prior to any legal proceedings. The party wishing to initiate conciliation shall inform the other party by means of a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt in which it will inform of its intentions and will explain the cause. If no agreement is reached between the parties within thirty (30) days after receipt of the registered letter, the parties are at liberty to initiate a claim in court.
In case of persistent disagreement on the application or interpretation of the Rules, and in the absence of an amicable settlement, any dispute that may arise between the parties, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts to which the parties expressly grant jurisdiction, even in the case of multiple defendants, in summary, proceedings, appeal or by motion.